Embodia Updates: Telerehab by Physios for Physios
By: Nataliya Zlotnikov, HBSc, MSc
By: Nataliya Zlotnikov, HBSc, MSc
Telerehabilitation: Safety & Novel Opportunities
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted all aspects of healthcare delivery.
To protect healthcare practitioners and clients alike from the risk of disease transmission, rules, regulations, and reimbursement policies were adjusted to allow for the widespread use of telecommunications technology in lieu of in-person clinical visits.
Due to this, rehabilitation delivery in many settings was suddenly and drastically altered with physical therapists utilizing telehealth modalities in new ways and with new populations (Bettger & Resnik, 2020).
The Data Speaks
Several systematic reviews conclude that telerehabilitation is effective for patients with musculoskeletal conditions, multiple sclerosis, osteoarthritis, and recovery of motor function.
Some studies suggest that telerehabilitation can also reduce health care costs, improve treatment adherence, improve physical and mental function and quality of life, and be delivered in a manner that is satisfactory to patients (Bettger & Resnik, 2020).
Opportunities for Virtual Care
The opportunities for virtual care exist well beyond assessment and reassessment.
Below are additional ways you can utilize virtual care, from our recent course, Virtual Assessment of Musculoskeletal Conditions: Helping Clinicians Optimize their Practice:
- Assessment and reassessments
- Exercise coaching/tracking/progression
- Chronic disease management
- Education including pre-operative
- Monitoring high-risk patients
- Equipment prescription
- Home/fall risk assessment
- Primary care management and referral
- Provider continuing education.
If you would like to take a look at the full course, click here.
Embodia Loves Innovation
On November 23, 2020, Toronto entered its first lockdown. Four days after this, we released Telerehab on Embodia.
It was crucial to move quickly in these matters to prevent loss of practitioner and small business income and loss of patient care.
Both then, and now, we continue to firmly believe that everyone should have access to telerehabilitation. Cost and complexity should not be a barrier. That is why our Telerehab is free for all Embodia members and very easy to use.
We Are Physiotherapists First
We are not an outsourced tech or consulting company, we are physiotherapists first. That is why our platform is designed with you in mind. By physiotherapists, for physiotherapists.
We Love Feedback
But of course, it's not just about us, we understand that just like your clients, you might have unique concerns and preferences for your telerehab platform.
We are always open and excited to receive your feedback!
We would like to continually improve the user and client experience, so please, keep your feedback coming!
Below are 4 recent updates that we have made based on your requests:
- Summary of Telerehab Consult CSV: You can now download a CSV file (spreadsheet) with the number of participants in your telerehab sessions.
- Telerehab Calendar View: We have added a calendar view so that you may view today's appointments as well as your completed and upcoming appointments. You can use daily, weekly or monthly views in this feature.
- Schedule Similar Telerehab Consults: An excellent new time-saving feature. If you already booked an appointment for a client, this feature allows you to schedule a similar appointment for a different date and time using the original appointment as a template.
- Branding & Email Signatures: You now have the ability to change email signatures. In addition, email communication sent from the Embodia platform to your client will show your name/clinic name instead of Embodia in the "from field". Similarly, a client will reply to you, not Embodia, when replying to communication.
For the Visual Learners
We understand that sometimes it is easier to see it than to read it. So for all you visual learners, here's a short video explaining each of the feature updates mentioned above.
New to Telerehab on Embodia? Need a Refresher?
Whether you are just joining us or simply need a refresher on how to use some of our telerehab features. We invite you to check out our free telerehab training course, Telerehabilitation on Embodia, by following the yellow button below:
More Telerehab Courses
In addition to learning how to use telerehab on Embodia, we also offer some wonderful telerehab-friendly online healthcare courses. You can take a look at them by clicking here.
More Reading on Telerehab
We are always talking (and writing) about virtual care. If you'd like to jump in and enjoy some blogs, grab your favourite drink and jump into any of the ones below:
Last update: 20 July 2021
Date written: 9 July 2021
Embodia is on a mission to transform the way healthcare is delivered by empowering clinicians with the tools, technology, and education to deliver data-driven care and empower clinics and content creators to maximize their success.
Embodia is for the innovative, forward-thinking clinician, owner, and organization - For those ready to embrace and embody innovation, for the change-makers.
We are committed to building new solutions for an antiquated healthcare system and to help physiotherapists and rehab pros globally redefine themselves and their expertise in a changing world.