Conversations - How to Provide Pelvic Health Virtual Assessments & Treatments
Treating pain and pelvic health is possible online!
- Incontinence is no less inconvenient and unnecessary when staying at home
- Movement is needed regardless of where your body is sheltering
- Back, Bellies, Bottoms, and Breathing can all be changed with verbal and visual cues
- Pain can ramp up in times of stress – let’s de-stress what we can
Join Sarah Haag and Sandy Hilton about the possibility and power of education and helping people get back to comfort and confidence in their bodies.
Learn all the ways we can use our skills as therapists to reach people virtually.
- Participants will be able to identify 5 novel opportunities for online patient intervention.
- Participants will be able to implement continence education into practice as appropriate for the patient.
- Participants will be able to instruct self treatment approaches for managing pain regardless of the delivery method.
- Participants will be able to identify and apply self-treatment for stress reduction.
Sandy graduated from Pacific University (Oregon) in 1988 with a Master of Science in Physical Therapy and earned a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from Des Moines University in December 2013.
Sandy teaches Health Professionals and Community Education classes on returning to function following back and pelvic pain, and co-teaches Advanced Level Male Pelvic Floor Evaluation/Treatment for Entropy Physiotherapy as well as Neurodynamics and Sensory Integration for Pelvic Pain and a Practical Application of Pain Science course with Pelvic Health Solutions.
Sandy’s clinical interest is chronic pain with a particular interest in complex pelvic pain disorders for men and women. Sandy is also pursuing opportunities for collaboration in research into the clinical treatment of pelvic pain conditions. Sandy has co-authored two papers, 2 book chapters and "Why Pelvic Pain Hurts" a patient focussed book.
Course Material included in this course
Expert Series - Highlights Free
Highlight - Internal Examination and Telerehabilitation
How to Provide Pelvic Health Virtual Assessments & Treatments with Sandy Hilton & Sarah Haag
Challenges and Opportunities in Telerehab
Billing, Conversion, and New Clients
Group Sessions and Charting
Other Considerations for Telerehab