Gender Awareness for Physiotherapists - Sponsored by the Orthopaedic Division
This webinar is free for CPA members, the members only link can be accessed through this link HERE
Gender Awareness for Physiotherapists
This 1-hour webinar will explore the topic of gender and identify relevant strategies that apply to physiotherapy practice to promote welcoming and inclusive environments through a gender-informed lens.
The objectives of the webinar are to:
- Introduce a case to emphasize why awareness of gender is relevant to the physiotherapist
- Identify issues in access to health care for people who identify as LGBTQ2S+
- Provide a review of definitions related to gender
- Identify gender-informed strategies and considerations for physiotherapists and clinics to apply to promote accessible and inclusive practices.
FREE for all CPA Members!
- Date: Monday October 18th, 2021
- Time: 8:15pm - 9:15pm EST
- Speaker: Jane Hendriksen
Speaker Bio: Jane Hendriksen
Jane Hendriksen (she/her) graduated in 2015 from Western University’s Master of Physical Therapy program and then again in 2020 from the Master of Clinical Science – Advanced Health Care Practice program. Through her post-graduate course-work Jane came to realize the importance of gender awareness in physiotherapy practice. Since then, Jane has been committed to creating welcoming and inclusive environments for people to seek care, and help other physiotherapists do the same! Jane works in an outpatient, private physiotherapy clinic in London, Ontario.
The Orthopaedic Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association helps our members improve their skills and service delivery through education, resources and networking.
With a reputation built on excellent instructors and a rigorous examination process, the Division offers tailored online e-learning, webinars, workshops, courses and practice resources for members at a reasonable cost and time commitment. Members learn from other practicing physiotherapists and stay current with a regularly updated curriculum and program delivery based on providing quality and modern treatment.